Adoration to all, today we are going to upload the Periodic Classification Elements Class 10th Notes PDF for the assistance of all the students as well as Teachers. The process in which chemical elements are classified and grouped depending on their characteristics is known as the periodic classification of elements. To make your foundation in Chemistry strong, you must memorize the periodic table by heart as you will require the same in other units. But before learning the periodic table, you must hold an accurate knowledge of the formation of the same. To that effect, the Pdf file has curated precise and comprehensive Class 10 Science Chapter 5 Notes that will assist you during preparation.
Periodic Classification Elements Class 10 Notes PDF- Short Summary
Periodic table, in the full periodic table of the elements, in chemistry, is the indexed collection of all the chemical elements in order of increasing atomic number—i.e., the total number of protons in the atomic nucleus. When the chemical elements are thus arranged, there is a recurring pattern called the “periodic law” in their properties, in which elements in the same column (group) have identical properties. The initial discovery, which was made by Dmitry I. Mendeleyev in the mid-19th century, has been of priceless value in the development of chemistry.
It was not realized until the second decade of the 20th century that the order of elements in the periodic system is that of their atomic numbers, the integers of which is equal to the positive electrical charges of the atomic nuclei expressed in electronic units. In the following years, great progress was made in explaining the periodic law in terms of the electronic format of atoms and molecules. This clarification has increased the value of the law, which is used as much today as it was at the beginning of the 20th century when it expressed the only known relationship among the elements.
Detailed Table of the Chapter 5 Notes – Periodic Classification Elements Class 10 PDF
|3.||Title of the chapter||Periodic Classification Elements|
|5||subject||Science ( chemistry )|
Periodic Classification Elements Class 10 Notes PDF Mcqs
1. Carbon belongs to the second period and Group 14. Silicon belongs to the third period and Group 14. If the atomic number of carbon is 6, the atomic number of silicon is
2. Pick out the chemically most reactive elements from the given triads.
Li, Na, K F, Cl, Br
(a) Li and F
(b) Li and Br
(c) K and F
(d) K and Br
3. What is the atomic number of elements of period 3 and group 17 of the Periodic Table?
4. Which one of the following statements is not correct about the trends in the properties of the elements of a period on going from left to right?
(a) The oxides become more acidic
(b) The elements become less metallic
(c) There is an increase in the number of valence electrons
(d) The atoms lose their electrons more easily
5. The elements A, B, and C belong to groups 1, 14, and 17 respectively of the Periodic Table. Which two elements will form ionic compounds?
(a) A and B
(b) A and C
(c) B and C
6. An element X from group 2 of the Periodic Table reacts with Y from group 17 to form a compound. Give the formula of the compound.
7. A metal ‘M’ is in the first group of the Periodic Table. What will be the formula of its oxide?
8. Name the neutral atom in the Periodic Table which has the same number of electrons as K+ and Cl-.
9. An element X combines with oxygen to form an oxide XO. This oxide is electrically con¬ducting. Write the formula of the compound formed when X reacts with chlorine.
10. An element X has mass number 40 and contains 21 neutrons in its atom. To which group of the Periodic Table does it belong?
(a) Group 1
(b) Group 4
(c) Group 2
(d) Group 3
You may also like:
Political Parties Class 10th Notes
Money And Credit Class 10 Notes
Nationalism in India Class 10 Notes
CBSE Chapter 2 Federalism Class 10 Notes
Class 10 Social Science Question Paper 2022
Shekhawati Mission 100 Class 10 Science
Shekhawati Mission 100 Class 10 2022