Dear Readers if you are searching Conjunction in English Grammar then here we are uploading a List of Conjunctions PDF for you in which you can find the Conjunction with the examples which are easily understandable. A conjunction is a word or combined word or a part of speech that is used to connect words, phrases, clauses, or sentences. For example: But, And, Or, Both, Is, As well as, So that, Before, As long as etc.
Types of Conjunctions
- Subordinating conjunctions/Subordinators – These conjunctions join dependent clauses to independent clauses.
- Coordinating conjunction/Coordinators – These conjunctions coordinate or join two or more sentences, main clauses, words, or other parts of speech which are of the same importance.
- Correlative conjunction – These conjunctions correlate, working in pairs to join phrases or words that carry equal importance within a sentence.
- Conjunctive adverbs – These adverbs always connect one clause to another, and are used to show sequence, contrast, cause and effect, and other relationships.
List of Conjunctions PDF
Examples of Conjunctions
- I informed him earlier but he did not listen to me.
- I have two dog and a cat.
- I did not like that dress for performing in function.
- Neither you nor your relatives need to talk about my personal life.
- I am trying very hard in school so that I can score good marks in board exams.
- Conjunctions are useful for making lists. For example: You have to carry your pen, pencil, eraser and scale while coming to appear in exam.
- When using conjunctions, make sure that all the parts of your sentences agree. For example: “I work in ICU yet carefully” shows agreement.
- Conjunctions are for connecting thoughts, actions, and ideas as well as nouns, clauses, and other parts of speech. For example: I went to supermarket and bought all the festival related items.
To download the List of Conjunctions PDF, press the Download button given at the bottom of the page.